Some of the things OSHA does to carry out its missions are:
– Developing job safety and health standards and enforcing them through work site inspections.
– Maintaining a reporting and recordkeeping system to keep track of job-related injuries and illnesses.
– Providing training programs to increase knowledge about occupational safety and health.
OSHA’s inspection priorities are:
- Imminent danger
- Catastrophes / Fatalities
- Worker complaints and referrals
- Targeted inspections – high injury/illness rates, severe violators
- Follow-up inspections
When you take the OSHA 10 or the OSHA 30 class with Phoenix Osha Training you will learn more about OSHA’s inspection priorities and citations and penalties, this are part of the Introduction to OSHA section, which is part of the 10 and 30 hour class.